One of the leading entertainment platform is the American service named YouTube TV. YouTube TV is a whole package in itself. It has more than 100 channels that you get access to directly from this one platform. It spreads across all entertainment categories making it an immensely vast content catalog.
If you have not tried YouTube TV yet and are unsure if YouTube TV is your cup of tea when it comes to entertainment services, then you can avail of the YouTube TV free trial. This is good news because you can try the service out before committing to it for long term.
In order to avail of the YouTube TV free trial, you must be aware of the right procedure of doing so. Through this article, we will take you through the process in detail.
If you are anywhere outside the US, YouTube TV will be geo-restricted. You can get access to Youtube TV by circumventing restrictions using a VPN. Make sure you are using a strong, reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
Not in the US? Here is how you can access YouTube TV
- Subscribe to a VPN like ExpressVPN which is capable of giving you access to YouTube TV outside the US.
- Download and Install the VPN app for your device.
- Connect to one of the VPN servers in the US.
- Go to the official website of YouTube TV and watch your favorite sports, movies, show and more from its vast content catalog from anywhere around the world even outside the US.
How much does YouTube TV cost?
|Base Plan||Spanish Plan||NFL Sunday Ticket Bundled or Standalone|
|Price||$64.99 per month (first 3 months), then $72.99 per month||$34.99 per month||$299|
|Household accounts and streams||6 household accounts and 3 streams||6 household accounts and 3 streams||–|
|Content||100+ channels||30+ Spanish networks||Every out-of-market Sunday afternoon game|
How to get YouTube TV free trial?
If you wish to avail the free trial of YouTube TV in order to test if YouTube TV is the right entertainment platform for you, you can follow the steps given below.
- Open the homepage of YouTube TV.
- Press on the Try It Free Button.
- Use your credentials and log in to your Google account.
- Fill your ZIP code and press Next.
- Check all the channels offered and click on Next.
- Add the channels you want in your plan and click Next.
- Last step is to confirm all the details you have filled for your subscription plan, enter the payment details and click on Start Trial. Your free trial starts now but if you do not cancel the subscription you will be automatically charged for the plan you choose as soon as the free trial ends.
Getting the free trial outside the US
If you are anywhere outside the US and want to avail YouTube TV free trial, precede the above-given steps with these steps to bypass the geo-restrictions on the platform:
- Sign up for a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN to watch Youtube TV outside the US.
- After downloading the VPN app, install it on your smartphone or another device.
- Sign in to the VPN app and connect to a server in the US.
- Now, you have been assigned an IP address of the US. You may now proceed with the steps given in the section above to avail the Youtube TV free trial from anywhere around the world.
Why is a VPN needed outside the US?
Users who are physically present outside of the US cannot watch Youtube TV due to some geo-restrictions. When a user attempts to access the platform from outside the US, the platform recognizes the IP address of the device accessing it and uses that information to determine the device’s physical location. As a result, the service blocks the IP address, blocking access to the platform.
This indicates that it is necessary to stop the website from detecting the device’s IP address when it is accessing the service.
A VPN can be used to do this. In order to trick a website into believing the device has an IP address from the US (where the website is accessible), a VPN masks the device’s real IP address and assigns it a false one. This is how a VPN gets around all the limitations imposed on the website and permits users to access it from locations other than the US.
Popular YouTube TV content
Some popular movies on Youtube TV are
- The Rising Hawk
- Before We Go
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Mad Max
- The First Time
- The Batman
- Our Hospitality
- Sydney White
- Sherlock Jr.
- Secret Window
Some popular TV shows on Youtube TV are:
- The Simpsons
- Step up
- Killing Eve
- Undercover Chef
- Rick and Morty
Youtube TV Channels
There is a substantial range of on-demand content available to YouTube TV viewers, in addition to more than 85 live channels. There are numerous channels accessible, including local networks for sports, news, and entertainment.
- Comedy Central
- Cartoon Network
YouTube TV compatible devices
YouTube TV functions perfectly well with a wide range of devices and software which makes this platform an even more user-friendly service. Here is a list of the devices you can watch YouTube TV on:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Google Chromecast
- Apple TV
- LG smart TVs
- Samsung smart TVs
- Vizio smart TVs
- Sharp smart TVs
- Android mobile devices
- Android TV (Google TV)
- iOS and iPadOS devices
- Sony PS4
- Sony PS5
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X/S
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is YouTube TV not available?
YouTube TV is only available in the US and unavailable in all other countries. This is why it is not accessible to people who are outside the US. However, making use of a VPN can change that.
How long is the YouTube TV free trial?
YouTube TV free trial is for 14 days. After that you will have to pay to continue streaming on this platform. There are various options in subscription plans and you can choose any according to your needs.
Is YouTube TV compatible with Xbox One?
Yes, YouTube TV is compatible with most of the smart devices including Xbox One.
How can I get access to YouTube TV if I’m not in the US?
As YouTube TV is not available outside the US due to geographical restrictions, you need to bypass them if you want to get access to the service. This can be done by using a VPN on your device. There are a lot of VPN options at present, but we advise you to use ExpressVPN because of its great services.
YouTube TV is a leading platform for streaming entertainment content. On this platform, you can get anything and everything including news, sports, movies, shows/series, documentaries, cartoons, etc.
You can get a free trial of the service before committing to it by getting a paid subscription plan so that you know if you want to choose it as your streaming service or not.
In case you are in a country where the service is not available then you can access it by using a VPN on your device. We advise you to use ExpressVPN as it is a trustworthy VPN.