Do you want to watch ESPN Plus outside the US but are not sure how to? ESPN Plus is only accessible from the United State due to geo-restrictions. But do not be disheartened, there is a very simple way to access ESPN Plus outside the US.
It is a well-known American OTT membership streaming service that is run by ESPN Inc. and The Walt Disney Company. Football and other competitions including the BAFA National and German Football are televised on ESPN Plus in addition to boxing bouts and cricket tournaments.
To access ESPN Plus outside the US you will need a virtual private network (VPN) Using a VPN you can watch ESPN Plus original content, premium sports programs, and much more.
ExpressVPN can easily help you overcome all barriers and access ESPN Plus outside the US. This article will guide you by giving a step-by-step explanation of how to watch ESPN Plus outside the US.
Quick Steps: Watch ESPN Plus Outside the US
- Subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Install the necessary VPN app for your device.
- Connect to a server in the USA, and make an account.
- Open the ESPN Plus website and set up an account, then add your payment details.
- Now you can download the ESPN Plus app for your device and enjoy it from outside the US.
Note: As ESPN Plus is a paid service, you need to make an account while connected to the American server to watch ESPN Plus outside the US.
Why is A VPN Needed to watch ESPN Plus Outside The US?
To get over geo-restrictions and watch ESPN Plus outside the US, you must use a VPN.
Is ESPN Plus restricted by region? It is, indeed. Due to license agreements, the American subscription-based OTT service ESPN Plus is only accessible in the US; as a result, people who are not residents of the US can not watch ESPN Plus outside the US.
Consequently, you will run into the following problem while trying to use it from any part of the world.
“We’re sorry, an unexpected error occurred.”
But can a VPN be used to watch ESPN Plus outside the US? You very certainly can! You must obtain a US IP address and alter your present IP address in order to get around ESPN Plus’s geographic restrictions. You can alter your IP address to one located anywhere in the US by using a VPN.
The VPN service directs your traffic through its US server once you link to a US server and visit ESPN Plus, making ESPN believe that you are streaming from the US instead of your actual place. Because of this, you can watch ESPN Plus outside of the US.
If you connect to any of ExpressVPN’s American servers, you will be able to instantaneously access ESPN Plus.
How To Watch ESPN Plus Outside The US?
You will require a VPN because ESPN Plus will be blocked in your country. For your convenience, here is a detailed guide on how to watch ESPN Plus outside the US:
- Buy a premium VPN subscription. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- After the application is installed, choose a plan and make an account.
- the, connect to a server in the USA (preferably New York).
- Once you are connected, go to the ESPN Plus website and make an account.
- Put in your payment details when required.
- After your ESPN Plus account is set up through the website, download the ESPN Plus app and enjoy watching!
How To Get An ESPN Plus Account Outside The US?
To obtain an ESPN Plus account outside the US, and watch ESPN Plus outside the US, you have four methods to choose from. You can go through all of those and pick the one which is more convenient for you. These methods are:
- Subscribe via your Apple account/iTunes account.
- Pay for the service with your US-based relative/friend’s credit or debit card.
- Pay through your Google Play account.
- Sign up with a virtual pre-paid card/gift card.
To use any of these methods you will require an American IP address, so make sure to sort out your VPN subscription before trying any of these.
Subscribe via your Apple account/iTunes account.
iOS users can easily register to and watch ESPN Plus outside the US by using their iTunes account or any other Apple-supported payment method now that ESPN Plus offers in-app purchases.
To register for ESPN Plus outside the US with your Apple account, follow these steps:
- Connect to the ExpressVPN New York server after subscribing.
- To change your nation or region on your iPhone, go to Settings > Click on Your Profile > Media and Purchases > Change Your Country/Region and choose the United States.
- Renew the Terms of Service before going to the App Store.
- To use the US App Store, log out of your account and log back in.
- Get an Apple Gift Card from Amazon before continuing.
- Once you have enough money in your Apple account, install the ESPN Plus app and select “Subscribe Now.”
- Select the package of your choice and complete the transaction.
- You are now prepared to watch ESPN Plus outside the US.
Pay for the service with your US-based relative/friend’s credit or debit card.
- Obtain a high-end VPN (we suggest going for ExpressVPN).
- Connect to ExpressVPN’s US server. For streaming sports, the New York server operates incredibly quickly.
- Visit the ESPN website or install the app on your device.
- To sign up, click the button.
- Choose the desired ESPN Plus subscription plan.
- Enter all necessary data, including US-based credit card information or PayPal as the preferred payment method.
- Click “Buy ESPN Plus” after entering your payment information to deposit the ESPN Plus fee.
- Click Get Started to watch ESPN Plus outside the US.
Sign up with a virtual pre-paid card/gift card
- Assuming you have a VPN subscription, connect to the New York server.
- Purchase a $100 gift card for a 1-year subscription to ESPN Plus by visiting the website for gift subscriptions.
- Include the sender’s and the recipient’s information. This gift card can be purchased with a US credit card or a PayPal account.
- Your gift card information will be sent to you via email after the transaction has been completed.
- Then click “Redeem your subscription” after opening the email.
- In order to finish redeeming your gift, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
- You have signed up and can watch ESPN Plus outside the US.
Note: This is only valid for new subscribers of ESPN Plus.
Pay through your Google Play account.
Thankfully, the Android version of ESPN Plus permits in-app purchases. If you don’t have an American form of payment, you may simply register to ESPN Plus with the Google Play gift card from the Android app. Now, assuming you have an active VPN subscription, follow the steps below:
- Connect to the New York server of your VPN.
- Make a fresh Google account and make sure the United States is selected as your area.
- Download the ESPN Plus app from the Google Play Store after logging in with your new account.
- You must also fund your Google account with a Google Play gift before continuing. It is available on Amazon.
- When you have enough money in your account, open the ESPN Plus app and select “Subscribe.”
- Select your desired option, and then use your Google Play dollars to complete the transaction.
- You are all set, you have just signed up for ESPN Plus and can watch ESPN Plus outside the US.
What Content Is Available On ESPN Plus Outside The US?
You get accessibility to live streams and significant sporting events with ESPN Plus. ESPN Plus excels at covering niche sports and offers a ton of live games and another programming. Currently, some of ESPN Plus’s top programs include:
- Man In The Arena
- 30 for 30
- NBA Rooks
- Quest For The Stanley Cup
- More Than an Athlete
- America’s Caddie
- Inside the College Playoff
- Why We Fight
- Bettor Days
This is just a small list the service provides a lot more!
Supported devices for ESPN Plus Outside The US
List of supported devices for ESPN Plus.
- Amazon Fire tablets
- Amazon Fire TV devices
- Android mobiles and tablets (OS 5.0 and above)
- Android TV devices
- Apple TV devices
- iOS devices (iOS 11. x and above)
- LG’s WebOS
- Oculus Go
- PlayStation 4
- Roku devices
- Samsung connected devices
- Vizio’s SmartCast
- Xbox One
How To Watch ESPN Plus Outside The US Without A Cable Provider?
The main streaming providers that include ESPN Plus are listed below:
- Live TV on Hulu
- Sling TV
- YouTube TV
To subscribe to any of the mentioned streaming platforms out of the US, you will require a VPN. Using any of these methods, you can watch ESPN Plus outside the US.
is ESPN Plus Compatible with multiple devices?
Yes, it is compatible with many devices. For more details, please check out the section about compatible devices above.
is ESPN Plus blocked in my country?
ESPN Plus is only available in the USA as of now. If you live outside of the country, you will have to use a VPN to access ESPN Plus.
which VPN is suggested for ESPN Plus outside the US?
ExpressVPN is suggested for ESPN Plus outside the US as it is a strong VPN that is capable of ensuring safe streaming on this platform.
Is ESPN Plus free or subscription-based?
Although your cell operator may charge you for the internet you use on their network, ESPN Plus is a free service. Please get in touch with your network provider if you’re unsure about your data allocation or how much cellular data costs.
So, here is everything you need to know in order to watch ESPN Plus outside the US. If you carefully follow this guide you will have no issues when you watch ESPN Plus outside the US.
The one and only thing we respectfully ask is that you consider your VPN choice carefully. To overcome the regional restriction and be reliable for your browsing activity, the VPN must be strong enough.
This is why we frequently suggest that you subscribe to ExpressVPN, which has been proven to work for any purpose you have in mind.
So, purchase ExpressVPN and start enjoying ESPN Plus outside the US.