Are you looking for the Best VPNs for Ethiopia? We have listed below the top VPNs after testing their security, speed and streaming experience.
VPNs are a very important tool for all internet users across the globe today. With the increasing need of VPNs, the VPN services have also multiplied in number making it difficult for common people to choose one.
In addition to this, if you are in a country like Ethiopia where you cannot directly access a lot of content and services which are available in other countries, using a VPN becomes a necessity for everything ranging from entertainment to work.
A VPN is capable of not only keeping your connection safe, private and stable but it is also perfectly capable of bypassing geographical restrictions enabling you to access content and service which are otherwise not available in Ethiopia.
If you are travelling to Ethiopia for work, in order to continue having access to the uninterrupted web like in your home country, you must have a VPN.
We rank ExpressVPN as our top suggestion. If you want guaranteed results, you must hit the nail on the head with this VPN.
Quick Guide: Top VPNs
Here are our top-rated VPNs for use in Ethiopia:
- ExpressVPN: It is the best VPN according to our research. It performs impressively well on all parameters making it the best fit for use in Ethiopia.
- NordVPN: NordVPN is another good option that takes care of all your security and geo-restriction bypassing needs.
- Cyberghost: You can use Cyberghost for use in Ethiopia which is a good VPN service which is capable of securing your VPN connection.
Why do I need a VPN in Ethiopia?
Ethiopia is one such country where some of the toughest online censorship is practiced. In fact, Freedom on the Net gave the nation a “not free” rating not a long while ago but in the year 2018.
Ethiopia has seen a number of issues recently, including website restrictions, internet shutdowns, and the arrest of bloggers. Ethiopia’s internet freedom is still severely constrained, despite a change in government in 2018.
For the reasons explained above, it is a good idea to use a VPN to protect yourself and your identity while you are using the internet.
Top 7 VPNs for Ethiopia
Express Technologies Ltd., a corporation registered in the British Virgin Islands, provides ExpressVPN as a VPN service. The program is positioned as a privacy and security solution that masked users’ IP addresses and encrypted users’ web traffic.
- Best VPN for Ethiopia.
- Top level security system with high security features.
- Servers in 94 countries.
- Private DNS.
- Highly secure service with fast, reliable connections.
- Unblocks popular social media and streaming services.
A VPN service called NordVPN is offered by the business Nordsec Ltd. It has software for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and Android TV.
- Strong unblocking.
- Works with Netflix, Facebook, and WhatsApp.
- Over 5,400 servers.
- Highly secure with a strict no-logs policy
- Double VPN servers
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you’re streaming, downloading, playing, buying, using banking services, or just browsing the web, CyberGhost VPN encrypts your online traffic and masks your true IP address.
- Very fast speeds
- Over 9,000 servers in 90 countries
- No-logs VPN that works with Facebook, WhatsApp, and Netflix US.
A firm of the same name with its headquarters in the Netherlands sells VPN services under the Surfshark brand. The service offers tools for personal data erasure, data leak detection, private search, and antivirus. Nord Security and Surfshark merged in 2021. Both businesses continue to run independently, though.
- Best budget VPN for Ethiopia with user-friendly apps
- 24/7 support.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Secures your data with encryption
- Strict no-logs policy.
In 2005, a VPN service called HMA was established in the UK. Since 2016, it has been a division of the cybersecurity firm Avast in the Czech Republic.
- Virtual and physical servers in 190 countries, including Ethiopia.
- Works with Netflix, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Security includes encryption and IP shuffle.
Ziff Davis owns the US-based VPN provider IPVanish. To protect your personal data, IPVanish VPN enables connection security and IP address cloaking.
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming and torrenting.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Protects your privacy with encryption
- Strict no-logs policy.
GZ Systems Ltd. owns PureVPN, a for-profit VPN service. Located in the British Virgin Islands, the business was established in 2007.
- Virtual servers in Ethiopia.
- Audited to prove it doesn’t keep any logs.
- Works with streaming services including Netflix.
- Includes a money-back guarantee.
Detailed steps to use a VPN in Ethiopia
You can simply follow the steps given below to set up and start using a VPN to get uninterrupted access to unlimited services while ensuring privacy and security in Ethiopia:
Step 1: First, since you need a VPN, start off by signing up for a strong and reliable VPN service. We strongly recommend that you use ExpressVPN(get 49% discount + 3 months free).
Step 2: Next you are required to download the app of your selected VPN and install it on your device.
Step 3: All top-notch VPNs require a subscription. So, select a VPN plan you find most suitable and proceed by paying.
Step 4: After you have successfully made the payment and registered on your chosen VPN, sign in to the VPN app by inputting the same credentials using which you have registered for your VPN.
Step 5: On your VPN app, connect to an appropriate VPN server in a suitable location.
Step 6: Once you are connected to the VPN server, you can stay assured that whatever your activities are on the internet, they remain completely private and anonymous. Your data would be encrypted and nobody will be able to trace your actual location.
Quick Tip: Make sure that you use a strong, reliable, and trustworthy VPN to make sure that Step 6 is carried out as it is mentioned. This is because not every VPN is safe, capable, and strong enough to ensure the above said.
Uses of a VPN
There are many ways that a VPN can help you. It ranges from safety and privacy measures to access blocked content. Here is a list of some of the most important things that one can use a VPN for:
- It keeps your data private from your Internet Service Provider
- Ensures security when you are connected to a public wifi
- Keeps data private from the government
- Keeps your information secure from any online service you use
- Bypasses geographical restrictions, allowing use of any service from anywhere
- Saves money while booking hotels, flight tickets, car rentals
- Fast and secure download
- Allows good gaming experience
What if I don’t use a VPN?
Utilizing a VPN on your device guarantees online privacy by building a secure, private network over a public one. Risks could arise if a VPN is not used.
Among the most typical risks involved in not using a VPN are:
- Any third party could steal your personal information or any other valuable information.
- Lack of a VPN may result in slow internet speeds, whereas good VPNs guarantee excellent speed.
- Not using a VPN could allow the government or any other third party to eavesdrop on you as VPNs ensure that your data cannot be accessed by any third party, including the government, by creating a secured network.
- Without a VPN, you run the risk of having your device or original data compromised by hackers. VPNs prevent your original location, data, etc. from being disclosed to any services or on the Internet.
VPN not working? Here are some quick fixes
If you find that your VPN is not operating as it should even after following the given steps, there may be a number of causes for this. Most of the time, the simple fixes listed below are all you need to fix your VPN if it experiences problems:
- Delete cookies
- Switch between servers
- Reinstall your VPN application
- Switch to another internet connection
- Update your VPN app
- Consider getting a better VPN
What makes a VPN worthy?
With the increasing number of VPN options available in the market, it is becoming tough to know which VPN is best for use.
There are a lot of important factors in a VPN but here’s a list covering the key factors to be considered while choosing a VPN for use in Ethiopia. They are:
- High security features including a strict no-logs policy
- Lot of server options from a large number of countries
- Website and app to be user-friendly for all kind of devices
- 24/7 customer support
- Good speed and connections
- Free trial or at least money-back guarantee for the certain time period
- Multiple logins with one account
- Easy to employ and use
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to employ a VPN on the device through which I stream?
Yes, you have to employ a VPN on the device through which you will stream because then only your device will get a fake IP address which is required to get access to any service you want.
How can a VPN make my actual location unknown to any service?
A VPN is capable of hiding the original IP address of your device which thus ensures that the service cannot know your actual physical location.
Are paid VPNs safer than free VPNs?
Definitely yes, paid VPNs have features which ensures safety online whereas free VPNs are not at all trustworthy and can cause harm to your online privacy and security.
Is it legal to use a VPN in Ethiopia?
While VPNs are largely legal across the globe with exceptions, it generally has more to do with the content or service being accessed using a VPN. If you use a weak VPN to access a blocked content and the authorities find out, you can land in trouble. Using a strong and reliable VPN, thus, becomes very essential.
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. They are capable of letting you access any service from any location by bypassing restrictions imposed on the services.
There are a lot of VPN options available and it’s very important that you choose a trustworthy VPN so that you can enjoy any online service to the fullest without worrying about any kind of harm to your online anonymity or to your device in use.
Our topmost suggestion is ExpressVPN as it has performed exceptionally well on all our tests.