Are you looking for the best VPNs for multiple devices? It’s not too hard to look for it. You came to the right place. You can use a VPN on every device at once just because it is compatible with a large number of them.
Conversely, some VPNs provide numerous connections but poor compatibility. I’ve even tested several that, when more than one of my devices is connected, noticeably reduce my internet speeds.
Protecting every electronic device in your family or your own possession is a good use case for a VPN for multiple devices. Considering you just pay for one account, this is not only handy but also cost-effective. We have tested a lot of VPNs, it was hard to test them and conclude but we did it.
Regardless of whether you need a VPN for family members or simply have a lot of technology, you may connect to multiple devices simultaneously with our suggested VPNs without experiencing any lag.
Because ExpressVPN works with so many different devices and operating systems, I highly suggest it. It offers a fast worldwide network, military-grade security features, and content access from any location. Up to eight devices can be used with ExpressVPN. Its 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to get a refund if it doesn’t work for you.
Quick summary of the Best VPNs for multiple devices to connect
- ExpressVPN: Eight devices can be secured simultaneously. For uninterrupted streaming, limitless bandwidth is required. Employs advanced encryption. No user identification logs. A 30-day money-back guarantee is also available. Best VPN in our recommendation.
- NordVPN: The second-best VPN for concurrently connecting numerous devices. Six connections at once maximum. Quick speeds, dedicated servers, and round-the-clock help.
- Surfshark: VPN with the best value. Link every gadget together at once. Compatible with over 30 Netflix libraries. Excellent speeds with additional protection provided by MultiHop servers.
Handpicked Best VPNs for multiple devices to connect by one account
Our team has researched tons of VPNs from scratch, and their features, performance, and security protocols have also been tested by us and we took out the best ones for you that can connect multiple devices. To explore our in-depth evaluations of the top VPNs for many devices, keep reading.
1. ExpressVPN: best VPN for multiple devices to connect
Useful features you need to know:
- MediaStreamer: For devices that don’t support a full VPN, ExpressVPN’s smart DNS service lets you spoof your location to access geo-restricted material. Thanks to this functionality, you can access your favorite content without installing ExpressVPN on your router—unless you wish to encrypt your streaming traffic.
- Split tunnel: Its split tunneling functionality allows you to select which traffic passes over your regular connection and is encrypted via the VPN (available on Mac and Windows). You’ll experience faster speeds because it only needs to encrypt a portion of your communication.
- Server network with P2P capability: Torrenting is supported across the whole ExpressVPN network, giving you greater flexibility to choose the quickest torrenting server.
- Strong encryption: Its military-grade AES-256 encryption is complemented with complete forward secrecy, which gives you additional security. This regularly modifies your encryption keys to reduce the (already minimal) chance of hackers accessing your data.
ExpressVPN is the only one that allows eight simultaneous connections, ExpressVPN is included in our list of the best VPNs for multiple users and devices. In addition, the company provides fast connections, excellent security, and the option to unblock a wide range of streaming services, allowing your family to browse safely across all of your devices.
For the majority of devices, this VPN is well-prepared. Apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire should be available. Additionally, browser extensions for Firefox, Brave, Chrome, and Edge are offered.
With ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer functionality, which functions as SmartDNS on non-VPN devices, you can stream media on those devices even without a VPN. Furthermore, sharing encrypted connections with your household is made simple by the router applet that is included with the service.
ExpressVPN has all the necessary security features that we were looking for in particular. These consist of the kill switch function, split tunneling for personalizing your VPN experience, and the Threat Manager for safeguarding against malicious websites and viruses. Finally, quick connection rates across all devices are guaranteed by its proprietary Lightway tunneling technique.
ExpressVPN doesn’t disclose the precise amount of servers it has, but we do know that it has over 3000 servers spread throughout 105 nations worldwide.
Thus, you can undoubtedly access geo-restricted content on streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more—we tested ExpressVPN with these platforms and discovered that it performs exceptionally well.
Last but not least, ExpressVPN is a little more expensive, with monthly rates beginning at $6.67. You can, however, take advantage of the provider’s 30-day money-back guarantee to give it a try.
Also, it provides 24/7 live chat support with real humans so whenever someone is facing any problem they can reach out to them and they can assist you.
2. NordVPN: best VPN with great speed and multiple devices to connect
Useful features you need to know:
- Extremely fast: Even when I connected many devices, NordVPN gave me steady speeds. Using my Windows laptop, I tested seven US, UK, and Japan servers. My speed decreased by 14%. After I connected four more devices, this fell to about 23%.
- Defense Against Threats: This function protects your devices from potentially compromised files that you may download by accident. Furthermore, it successfully blocks trackers and obtrusive ads, making surfing safer and more seamless.
- A vast network of servers: With over 60 countries represented in its server network, NordVPN is sure to have one located close to where you actually are. You are unable to select a certain city to connect to, though.
You can get immediate remote access to up to 10 devices with NordVPN’s Meshnet. Additionally, you can utilize Meshnet even if other members of your family or household are connected to the VPN thanks to its six simultaneous device connections.
To enable you to view files on your home computer from a distance, Meshnet establishes a private, secure network with your other devices. Alternatively, all data transferred between devices is encrypted, allowing you to safely share files and data between them.
If you frequently travel or need to assist other family members or household members with their gadgets, this is an excellent tool to have.
The VPN’s exclusive NordLynx tunneling system, which is based on WireGuard, powers Meshnet. Windows, Android, and macOS all come with the protocol enabled by default, so your PC, tablet, and smartphone are all covered. I tried it by logging into a Counter-Strike LAN game and playing many lag-free games.
My only complaint with NordVPN was that when multiple devices were connected, it took a little longer to connect to servers. At times, the connection took more than a minute. But once the connection was made, it never dropped out and I never experienced any problems.
Monthly memberships to NordVPN begin at $2.99. For a little more cost, you can also obtain a dedicated IP. This is useful if you wish to securely access your business network or financial applications while on the road.
Additionally, you may test it for free for 30 days and ask for a refund if you’re not completely satisfied with it because it comes with a money-back guarantee.
3. Surfshark: low-cost VPN with a feature of multiple devices to connect
Useful features you need to know:
- RAM-only systems: Every time the server reboots, these servers make sure that any evidence of your personal information that might be linked to you vanishes. Therefore, the likelihood of third parties obtaining data linked to you is quite low. A kill switch, IP/DNS leak protection, and AES 256-bit encryption further safeguard your data.
- Quick speeds: I tried its servers in the US, UK, Canada, and Germany, and I experienced a 15% average performance reduction. My speeds decreased by 26% in comparison to my base speed even when I connected nine devices at once. Even though there was a considerable decline, there was still plenty for streaming.
With its affordable rates, Surfshark offers an infinite number of connections. Apps for every major operating system, including Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and macOS, are available on Surfshark. Its apps are also quite easy to use and straightforward; I particularly appreciate that all of the settings and functionalities have useful explanations.
Torrenting and streaming work well with the VPN as well. It is compatible with well-known streaming services like Amazon Prime and Netflix. It also permits P2P transmission on servers located in 100 different nations.
In addition, Surfshark performed admirably in my speed testing; yet, it fell short when compared to ExpressVPN or Private Internet Access, particularly when connecting to faraway servers. Pages and HD videos loaded in 1-2 seconds, while 4K videos took approximately 3-5 seconds to load and there was little to no buffering.
Moreover, you get sophisticated privacy and security tools. The no-logs policy of Surfshark has been independently verified, and it solely uses RAM-only servers and absolute forward secrecy. I tested it and never saw any leaks, even though it simply guards against DNS leaks.
Furthermore, its IP Rotator feature is extremely cool. It allows you to change your IP address frequently without having to disconnect from the VPN, which makes it harder for someone to find out where you are.
Surfshark provides reasonable long-term plans starting at $2.69 per month. All plans are backed by a dependable 30-day money-back guarantee, so there’s no danger when you test Surfshark. Using the round-the-clock live chat feature to request a refund if it doesn’t work for you is simple.
What is the best VPN for multiple devices?
ExpressVPN is the greatest multidevice VPN since it provides an easy-to-use client for almost all devices and an infinite number of simultaneous connections. Additionally offering unfettered connections at the same time are NordVPN and Surfshark.
Can You Connect Multiple Devices To A VPN?
Although all of the major VPN companies offer several devices, each provider has different limits on the number of devices that can be used with an account.
Can NordVPN Connect 6 Devices At The Same Time?
One NordVPN subscription allows you to connect up to six devices at once. This implies that you may use NordVPN to secure and privately browse the internet on all of your devices, including your laptop, desktop, smart TV, smartphone, tablet, and router.
So in summary, if you are looking for the best VPNs for multiple devices to connect and protect your privacy, then I hope you have found this article helpful. Just search for a VPN that supports many connections at once.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 3 trustworthy VPNs for multiple devices to assist you in making your decision. But ExpressVPN is the one we would suggest if you are looking for something that’s an all-rounder.