Want to set up ExpressVPN on a Netgear router? You will get the step by step guide to easily configure a VPN on a Netgear router.
Technology is now a part of every aspect of our lives, notably the internet, without which it is impossible to imagine life as we know it. The internet offers a lot of advantages, but it has also evolved into a haven for illicit activities.
The IP address is typically used to carry out these mischievous acts. An IP address is private data that is sent over your connection and can be used by online hackers to track down your true identity.
So, it is very important that you make use of a VPN to keep yourself safe at all times when you are active online. While there are many VPNs available to you on the web today, ExpressVPN is one of the most reliable one.
A great option for both residential and workplace networks, Netgear routers are popularly known for their effectiveness and adaptability. When you use ExpressVPN with your Netgear router, you are able to benefit from as many as 3000 VPN servers and so much more while ensuring safety with top-grade security features.
If you would like to set up ExpressVPN on a Netgear router to ensure safety and security at all times, you can learn to do so through this informative article.
Quick Guide: How to set up ExpressVPN on a Netgear router?
- Subscribe to one of the subscription plans of ExpressVPN.
- Download the ExpressVPN firmware on your device.
- On your web browser, type in your router’s IP address to open the admin panel of your Netgear router. Input the credentials of your router.
- Install the ExpressVPN firmware.
- Access your Netgear admin panel again and input your VPN credentials under ‘VPN Client’.
- Connect to a suitable VPN server and click ‘Apply’.
Setting Up The Express VPN on The Netgear R6300v2 or Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router?
If you are interested in knowing how to set up the Netgear R6300v2 or Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router, follow the steps given below:
1. Download the ExpressVPN firmware
The very first step in the process of setting up ExpressVPN on Netgear R6300v2 or Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router is to download the ExpressVPN firmware.
- Register for an ExpressVPN account on their website if you haven’t already. Pick a subscription strategy based on your requirements. Enter your login information on the ExpressVPN website to access your account.
- Go to the “Set Up” area of the ExpressVPN website after logging in.
- The compatible device list should contain your Netgear router model, which you should choose.
- To begin the firmware download, click the “Download Firmware” button. The firmware file should be saved in an accessible place on your computer.
2. Installing the ExpressVPN firmware
The steps for installing the ExpressVPN firmware are as follows:
- To gain access to the admin panel, open a web browser and enter the IP address of your router. Enter the login details for your Netgear router.
- You should make a backup of your current router settings before continuing with the firmware installation. To save your current settings, open the “Advanced” page, select “Administration,” then “Backup Settings,” and finally “Back Up.”
- Go to the “Advanced” tab in the Netgear router admin panel, then select “Administration” and “Firmware Update.”
- To find the ExpressVPN firmware file you already downloaded, click the “Choose File” or “Browse” option. Click “Upload” after choosing the file to begin the installation procedure.
- It can take a while to install the firmware. During this time, don’t pause the procedure or turn off your router.
3. Configuring the ExpressVPN Firmware
In order to configure the ExpressVPN firmware, follow the steps given below:
- Re-enter your ExpressVPN router login information after the firmware installation is finished. Use the precise same IP address as before to access the router’s administrative interface.
- To gain access to the ExpressVPN firmware settings, use the standard credentials “admin” for the username and password.
- You need to change the default admin password for security reasons. Go to “Administration” > “Management,” then type a new password in the “Router Password” box. To save the modifications, click the “Save” button.
- Click the “VPN” tab in the ExpressVPN firmware interface.
- Input your ExpressVPN login information: Enter your ExpressVPN account username and password in the “VPN Client” area.
- From the drop-down list, select the server location of your choice. The VPN server to which you connect will depend on this.
- Change any further parameters, such as the VPN protocol and encryption type, as needed.
- To save your changes and activate the VPN connection, click “Apply”. Now that ExpressVPN is configured on your Netgear R6300v2 or Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router, you can use it.
Resetting your ExpressVPN Netgear Router to the original Firmware
If you would like to reset your ExpressVPN Netgear Router to the original firmware, you can simply use the steps given below:
- To find the original firmware for your router, go to the Netgear support website and input the model number. Save the most recent version to an accessible place on your computer after downloading it.
- To access the admin panel, open a web browser and enter the IP address of your router. Visit www.expressvpnrouter.com if you want to. Enter the username and password for your router.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab in the router’s admin panel, then select “Administration” and “Firmware Update.”
- To find the original Netgear firmware file you downloaded earlier, click the “Choose File” or “Browse” button. Click “Upload” after choosing the file to begin the installation procedure.
- It can take a while to install the firmware. During this time, don’t pause the procedure or turn off your router. Your router will immediately reboot after the installation is finished, and you will have successfully restored the firmware on your ExpressVPN Netgear router.
Which Netgear Routers are compatible with ExpressVPN?
The following Netgear routers are compatible with ExpressVPN:
- Netgear Nighthawk R7000
- Netgear Nighthawk R7000P
- Netgear R6300v2
- Netgear R6400v2
- Netgear R6700v3
Why is ExpressVPN the best?
You must be aware that not every VPN can secure your data and connection while maintaining the privacy of your online activity. Your choice of VPN is extremely important because the internet nowadays has become such a perilous area for your data and security.
ExpressVPN has performed remarkably well in all of the metrics that we tested it on. On a Netgear router, it is the finest VPN to use.
We recommend ExpressVPN to all of our users for a variety of reasons.
- Many different server locations
- Low Ping
- Top-notch customer support
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use ExpressVPN Without Paying?
ExpressVPN offers a free trial of seven days. Thus you can use it without paying even a single penny for a time period of seven days.
Is there a money-back guarantee on ExpressVPN?
Yes, ExpressVPN gives you a risk free money-back guarantee for a time period of 30 days. If you do not want to continue using the service after 30 days then you can get your money back without any kind of risk.
How to set up ExpressVPN on Netgear Router?
You can set up any VPN on Netgear Router including ExpressVPN, and the steps to set up a VPN on Netgear Router are mentioned above. This article covers the detailed steps of doing the same. Simply follow them.
Is ExpressVPN a good choice for Netgear Router?
Definitely yes! ExpressVPN is designed in a way that it is compatible with almost all operating systems including Netgear Router. It has been tested and proven that this VPN works well on Netgear Router.
You must utilize a VPN to protect your online activity at all times if you want to keep yourself secure. Even if there are a lot of VPNs you may use right now online, ExpressVPN is one of the most dependable ones.
Netgear routers are a fantastic alternative for both home and office networks due to their efficiency and scalability. With ExpressVPN with your Netgear router, you can access a large selection of VPN servers, among other things, while being safe thanks to top-notch security measures.
Any VPN can be set up on a Netgear router, however, ExpressVPN is recommended because it is one of the most dependable VPNs available right now.