Disney Plus is steadily rising to the top of the list of on-demand streaming services for movies. Since the platform’s launch, a large number of users have invested in a premium subscription due to its popularity. Disney Plus has, as we all know, had bugs ever since it was first made available, despite numerous updates from the company’s developers.
Disney Plus not working can be caused by a variety of factors, making debugging difficult, especially if you don’t have the right information.
Fortunately, you’ve located the appropriate location. To understand how to fix the Disney Plus not working problem, read the instructions. Let’s get into it!
Quick Guide: How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working
- Check to see if Disney Plus is offline.
- Close Disney Plus and restart it.
- Update the Disney Plus app.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection.
- Clear the app’s cache.
- Clear the browser’s cache (if you are watching on a browser).
- Check if a network administrator is blocking Disney Plus.
Why Is Disney Plus Not Working?
The reasons for Disney Plus not working may be plenty, including a shaky internet connection, low bandwidth, or a service application or website collapse. However, you may locate the issue using the Disney Plus problem number and continue watching your favorite shows.
If you’re wondering why your Disney Plus subscription isn’t working, you can use the fundamental troubleshooting techniques to identify the issues. Disney Plus typically has connectivity or internet speed issues that prevent it from functioning.
Continue reading to find out how to fix any problems you may be having with Disney Plus.
How To Fix Disney Plus Not Working?
To identify the issue, you can perform some simple troubleshooting. Disney Plus not working issues typically stem from a few simple issues with internet connectivity or speed.
Additionally, there are problems with Disney’s servers, the app, and web players (Chrome and Firefox). To assist, we advise trying these fundamental troubleshooting steps:
Check to see if Disney Plus is offline
Disney Plus should nearly always be available, but it’s still important to check to see if the service is down. You can visit the Disney Plus network status page at DownDetector to check what it currently reports. DownDetector monitors the status of websites and services.
Close Disney Plus and restart it
By quitting and restarting the Disney Plus app, you can fix a lot of glitchy behavior. Here are the steps to close an app on iOS and Android, in case you need a reminder. Try relaunching the app after you close it to see if it fixes the issue.
You can close and restart the app on a streaming player or smart TV if that’s where the issue is, however, the procedure varies depending on the device.
Update the Disney Plus app
Make sure you’re using the most recent version of the Disney Plus app if you’re on Android or iOS. Updates can resolve issues when bugs prevent them from functioning properly.
Check your Wi-Fi connection
Although it may seem simple, make sure you have a functional internet connection if you are experiencing issues with the Disney Plus app.
There are numerous ways to do this testing, but one of the simplest is to look for the Wi-Fi and cellular signal strength symbols at the top of your smartphone or tablet. Another option is to try viewing a video on a different website, such as YouTube.
Restart your Wi-Fi router and cable modem if your connection is having issues by turning them both off for at minimum two minutes, turning them back on, and waiting for roughly 10 minutes for your connection to restore.
Clear the app’s cache
With a few touches on an Android device, the cache can be cleared. Depending on the version of Android you’re running, the process may change, but in general, it goes like this:
- Start the Settings application.
Then select Apps & Notifications.
- Select Disney Plus after selecting See all apps.
- Select Cache & Storage.
- Select Delete Cache.
Disney Plus must be uninstalled and reinstalled through the App Store if you’re using an iPhone or iPad because iOS does not provide a quick way to clear the app’s cache.
Clear the browser’s cache (if you are watching on a browser)
A bad cache can also make Disney Plus perform improperly if you are viewing it through a browser. The issue can be resolved quickly and simply by clearing the cache.
For that purpose, you can read our instructions on how to clear the caches for Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
Check if a network administrator is blocking Disney Plus
On occasion, individuals and institutions impose content restrictions on their Wi-Fi. For instance, network managers at a school, library, or place of business can prevent your device from utilizing the internet to access Disney Plus.
If you’re using a phone in this situation, switching to mobile data is the greatest solution to the issue. On your iPhone or Android, you can establish a personal hotspot that your computer can connect to. If not, simply wait till you arrive home to access Disney Plus content using your personal Wi-Fi.
Here are a few more things you can try out:
- Run Malwarebytes
- Try Watching Another Show
- Update Your Device or Browser
- Try Another Search Browser
- Re-Login to Your Account
- Check If Your Device Is Supported
- Lower the Stream Quality
- Report the Problem to Disney Plus
How To Fix Disney Plus Not Working Error Codes?
Below are the error codes which can be seen on Disney Plus when you watch it.
Disney Plus Not Working Error Code 4
A payment issue is the root of this error. If your credit card has dated or if it is not issued in the same area as the Disney+ region you are using, it may occur. Update all your details and check if your card has expired.
Disney Plus Not Working Error Codes 24 & 43
We all have problems when error codes 24 and 43 occur. What ought to be done if you’re experiencing login or connection issues? In error 24 in Disney Plus Your Apple TV may experience frequent Apple TV issues.
Ensure your internet connection is functioning properly first. You should probably review the troubleshooting guide for wi-fi connections at the top of our blog.
Try logging out and back into Disney+ if troubleshooting doesn’t work. Double-check your payment details if that doesn’t work. The problem ought to be solved by one of these remedies.
For other Disney Plus not working error codes and their solutions, check our FAQ section below!
Disney Plus Not Working Error Code 25
Refreshing the page, logging out and back in, or reaching out to customer care can all be used to fix internal errors.
Disney Plus Not Working Error Code 32 and 87
This indicates a login issue that you may fix by checking your billing details again or changing your password.
Disney Plus Not Working Error Code 39
By doing the actions listed below, you can resolve the Disney Plus not working Error Code 39 and enjoy uninterrupted streaming:
- Try reloading the video.
- If the issue still exists after reloading, move on to the following step.
- Pick a different HDMI port to use. To test whether it works, switch the HDMI port. You can resume streaming if any of the ports are active and offers a successful handshake, and the error code will be eliminated.
- Try switching out your HDMI cable.
- Try restarting the Disney+ application or your Xbox if you’re using an Xbox One to watch Disney+.
- An alternative streaming device should be used. You can try a different streaming device to check whether it functions properly because this error is most frequently related to an Xbox One.
- You can conduct a factory reset on your Xbox One if none of the techniques mentioned above don’t work.
Disney Plus Not Working Error Code 42
Error 42 signifies a connection issue with your Disney Plus service. This can be caused by a Disney server error or an issue with the internet connection. Here are some steps to solve this error:
- Perform a speed test on the internet. Anything exceeding 5 Mbps should be sufficient to stream.
- If you’ve shared your password, try checking out and back into Disney Plus on all of your devices.
- Your modem’s power supply should be removed, and you should wait five minutes before re-connecting it.
- If possible, disconnect bandwidth-hungry gadgets from your home’s wireless network (e.g., video game consoles).
- Try emptying the cache in your web browser if you’re streaming.
- By login into the settings of your wireless network, you may check for a firmware update.
- By entering the settings of your wireless network, you can change your DNS settings to OpenDNS, Cloudflare, or Google.
Disney Plus Not Working Error 73
If you’re experiencing Error 73, the very first thing you must do is restart your modem if you’re connected to a home network, or if you’re using a mobile device, turn airplane mode on and off again to reestablish your network connection.
Whether it doesn’t work, see if you’re using a VPN program or browser plugin to browse from a different country. Follow these instructions to try to troubleshoot your location issue:
- Check Disney Plus to see if the title is offered in your country.
- Reset your wireless modem or mobile network connection wait for a minute before reconnecting.
- Find the location from which you are currently browsing by using an IP address lookup tool.
- If the results indicate that you are browsing from a location other than your present one, check your browser plugins and any open applications.
- Close any running VPNs (such as ExpressVPN) or change your location if necessary.
Disney Plus Not Working Error Code 83
Device compatibility problems are a common cause of Disney Plus Error Code 83. It might also occur as a result of a bad internet connection or problems with the Disney servers.
The Disney Plus Error Code 83 typically shows when the DRM check on your device is unsuccessful. Before permitting customers to access its material, Disney+ actually runs a DRM check. You will see the Disney Plus 83 error if your device doesn’t pass this test.
Confirm the device compatibility list prior to registering for Disney+ with that device as Disney Plus is not compatible with all of them.
We have given a list of compatible devices below!
Disney Plus Not Working Error Code 87
When there is a problem with your login or password, this error occurs. You can reset your password, check payment and billing information, and sign in and out again.
How To Watch Disney Plus From Anywhere?
If you live in a country where Disney Plus’s services are unavailable, you must use a reliable VPN provider. Setting up a VPN to unblock Disney Plus and begin streaming is very uncomplicated. The steps to follow are listed below:
- Sign up for a trustworthy VPN such as ExpressVPN to stream Disney Plus from anywhere.
- After you finish downloading it, install the VPN app on your phone or other devices of your choice.
- Link to a server in the county where the service is available, after logging into the VPN software. For example, the USA or Canada.
- Launch the Disney Plus website or app.
- And now you can sit back and enjoy!
How Do I Fix The Disney Plus Credit Card Problem?
You might have encountered a payment problem when signing up for Disney Plus, and before completing the transaction, you might have seen this error:
“We were unable to process your payment request using the credit card data you provided. Use another mode of payment or enter your credit card information again.”
Verify that you have entered the right postal or ZIP code to fix this issue. Additionally, confirm that you entered the proper security code and other information. Make sure to accurately input the expiration date of your card and type the exact billing address.
You can simply get around this Disney+ payment error by entering the right card and address information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Error code 86?
Error code 86 happens when your account violates terms and services or is blocked.
What to do if my Disney plus login button is not working?
If your Disney Plus login button is not working, try the following:
– Disable your VPN client.
– Turn off all browser extensions
– Try incognito mode.
– Clear your router’s cache.
why do error codes 22, 35, and 36 occur?
You will see these error codes if you try to access restricted content and your VPN fails to maintain its connection to the server.
One of the most well-known on-demand streaming services for movies is Disney Plus. Disney Plus not working issues are typically brought on by poor network connections or issues with the Disney Plus servers.
Troubleshooting can be difficult, particularly if you lack the necessary knowledge. To assist you find the answer to your problem, I have done my best to assemble the greatest fixies.