To view Hulu on Roku devices, you must sign up for a streaming service. In order to watch the material, download the Hulu app for Roku, sign in to your Hulu account, and enjoy. If Hulu Outside USA is not available on Roku, we have the full guide for you!
A smart TV, an Android or iOS device, an Xbox, a PlayStation, or an Amazon Firestick can all access the on-demand streaming service Hulu.
Roku’s assortment of set-top boxes, broadcasting sticks, media hubs, and other devices offer a wide range of alternatives for Hulu members to access the service.
Hulu, which is owned by The Walt Disney Corporation and offers 1,142 movies and 1,253 TV series in its on-demand library, offers a variety of entertainment.
This contains the Hulu original programs The Drop, Name That Tune: Season 3, and The 1619 Project Documentaries. In addition, Hulu offers popular programming like Minamata.
Let’s start watching Hulu on Roku and learn everything else you’ll need to know to spoof Hulu’s location detector. You will need a VPN to do so!
In A Hurry? How To Watch Hulu Outside The US?
It is very likely that those of you who are not located in the United States would face difficulty accessing Hulu. That is because of the geographical restriction of the platform in your area.
A VPN can help you get past the geographical restriction. All you have to do is connect to a VPN server in the US and then you will be good to go.
Here are the simple steps you need to follow to get past the geographical restriction on Hulu.
How To Watch Hulu On Roku?
The following steps will show you how to install Hulu on Roku devices:
- Visit Hulu’s official website to sign up for an account if you don’t already have one. (You can sign up for a bundle that includes Hulu, Hulu, and ESPN+ or just subscribe to Hulu alone.) Hulu is offered with advertisements for $5.99 per month and without advertisements for $11.99 per month.
- Once you have a Hulu subscription, switch on your Roku device, press the Home button, and then choose Streaming Channels.
- Install batteries in the Roku remote and connect the Roku device to an HDMI port on the TV before turning it on using the AC adapter.
- Choose the app by selecting Search Channels > Hulu.
- When you click Add Channel, the software will download to your Roku device.
- You can find the Roku Hulu app on your Roku Home Screen if you go back. You may now launch the app, navigate to the Hulu sign-up page, enter your login information, and stream your preferred TV episodes and movies.
How To Subscribe To Hulu From Anywhere?
If you are not located in the United States and wish to watch on Hulu, you will first be required to subscribe to Hulu. The steps for subscribing to Hulu from anywhere outside the United States have been given below:
- To sign up for a Hulu plan, follow the instructions provided below.
- Use a high-end VPN service. It is highly suggested to use ExpressVPN.
- Install the VPN application.
- Login, then connect to a US server.
- Go to the official Hulu website.
- Click “Sign up for Hulu alone” to get started.
- Select a subscription plan and complete the required details.
- Choose a method of payment, complete the required details, and pay for your Hulu account.
Once you finish this registration process, you will be ready to start enjoying Hulu irrespective of your location at that moment!
Why is Hulu Not Working On Roku?
The following three reasons prevent users from using Hulu on Roku:
- You will need to reinstall the applications and restart your Roku device if Hulu is not compatible with your device.
- Only the most recent Roku firmware versions are compatible with Hulu’s applications because they were recently upgraded. Hence, consider updating your hardware before broadcasting Hulu.
- Due to geo-restrictions, it’s likely that Hulu isn’t functioning on your Roku as well. For instance, if you are trying to access Hulu outside of the United States in Spain, Belgium, Europe, Ireland, etc.
How To Set Up Hulu on Roku US Account?
If you don’t already have a US Roku account, follow these instructions to add Hulu to your Roku device:
- Download ExpressVPN on your device and sign up for it (we recommend ExpressVPN)
- Activate the VPN app, then enter your username and password to log in.
- Choose a US server from the list (New York is recommended) and establish a connection to it.
- As soon as the connection is made, To register for a Roku account in the US, visit https://my.roku.com/signup.
- Enter a US Zipcode and choose the United States as your nation from the list. On the internet, you can enter any zip code, such as 99501, 85001, or 92803, though.
- You’ve successfully created a Roku account in the US.
Furthermore, even in countries like Romania, Germany, New Zealand, Portugal, and others where the service is not officially available, you may easily stream Hulu on Roku.
Which Roku Devices Can You Watch Hulu on Roku?
Roku devises you can watch Hulu on Roku on are:
- Roku 1
- Roku 2
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
- Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku Express
- Roku Express+
- 4K Roku Ultra
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Premiere
- 4K Roku Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick
- 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
- 4K Roku Smart Speaker
Which Roku Devices Don’t Support Hulu?
While you can watch Hulu on Roku devices, a lot of them, not all Roku devices support Hulu. Here is a list of Roku devices that do not support Hulu:
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
Which Roku TV Models Support Hulu?
Hulu supports a big range of Roku TV models. A list of the same is given below:
- Android Devices
What Is Some Good Content On Hulu On Roku?
With a US Roku account with Hulu, you may enjoy streaming your preferred television series and movies.
Several documentaries and family-friendly programming are available in frequently updated collections of new content, in addition to well-known movies and television shows. At $64.99 per month, you can watch over 65 network TV channels live on Hulu if you subscribe to Hulu Plus Live TV.
If you’re looking for something to watch in 2023, you’re in luck since we’ve compiled a list of the top movies and TV shows available on Hulu on Roku. Start reading now.
Popular Movies On Hulu On Roku
Some of the best movies to watch on Hulu on Roku are:
- The Drop (2022)
- Extraordinary (Hulu Original)
- The Princess
- The Deer King (2021)
- Good Luck to You, Leo Grande
- Happening (2021)
- Love, Gilda (2018)
- GameStop: Rise of the Players
Popular TV Shows On Hulu on Roku
Some of the best TV shows to watch on Hulu on Roku are:
- Port Protection Alaska Season 6
- The Bachelor: Season 27
- Love Island UK Season 9
- Cutthroat Kitchen
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens: Season 2
- 9-1-1: Lone Star: Season 4
- Narco Bling: Getting Chapo Guzman
- Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller: Season 3
- Killing County
- Deadly Women: Season 14
- The Watchful Eye Season 1
- Cooks vs. Cons: Seasons 2-4
- Impractical Jokers Seasons 1-3
- Taiwan Crime Stories
- Not Dead Yet
- Santo Maldito Season 1
- Stolen Youth: Inside The Cult At Sarah Lawrence
- A Million Little Things: Season 5
How To Download Content from Hulu on Roku?
Here are the steps to download content from Hulu on Roku:
- Hulu’s ad-free version costs ($11.99 per month) if you subscribe.
- A Download logo is displayed next to the TV show or movie’s title to suggest downloadable content. Go to the page with its details and select the Download option.
- To watch all offline files on the device, click the Downloads button at the application’s bottom. Also, use the Trash symbol to remove them.
Cost of Hulu on Roku
There are several options for you to personalize your Hulu content and services. This makes the experience a lot better as there are options for you to pick your best fit from.
Hulu Ad Supported: Costs $7.99/month and you can access the ad-supported library.
Hulu Students Ad-Supported: It is the same as the normal ad-supported plan but only at $1.99.month if you are eligible. Terms and conditions apply, so do read them carefully!
Hulu No Ads: It costs $14.99/month, almost all of the shows and movies are available and you can enjoy the content without ad breaks.
Hulu + Live TV Plans
Hulu (With Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (With Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads): Sign-up is $69.99/month. Only ad-supported content is available along with live streams of sports, entertainment, news channels, and many more. And of course all of the Disney+ and ESPN+ content.
Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (No Ads), and ESPN+ (No Ads): Sign-up is for $82.99/month. You can stream all the videos and shows and movies without any ad breaks. Live TV, Disney+ content, and ESPN+ content are all available to anyone who chooses this plan.
- ESPN+: $9.99/month
- Disney+(With Ads): $2.00/month*
*The Disney Bundle, a single Disney+ membership, or the ESPN+ Add-on are not already included, and they are only available to qualified Hulu subscribers who are billed directly by Hulu. Moreover, keep in mind that Disney+ (With Advertising) might not be compatible with all devices.
So, choose your plan in accordance with your preference.
Which Devices Can You Watch Hulu On?
You can enjoy Hulu on Roku but Hulu is compatible with many other devices as well. A list of these devices is given below:
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TV (select models)
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- Echo Show
- Fire tablets
- Fire TV and Fire Stick
- iPhones and iPads
- LG TV
- Nintendo Switch
- PlayStation 4 & 5
- Roku Players, TVs, and Streaming Sticks
- Samsung TV
- Windows 10
- VIZIO SmartCast Xbox
- Smart TVs:
- Apple TV (3rd generation)
- Roku and Roku Stick (select models)
- LG TVs and Blu-ray players (select models)
- Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players (select models)
- Sony TVs and Blu-ray players (select models)
- VIZIO TVs (selected models)
How To Cancel Your Hulu Plan?
Hulu allows you to cancel your subscription plan at any time you want. All you need to do is follow the below given four simple steps and your plan will get canceled.
The steps are:
- Open your Account page on any device.
- Click on the Cancel option under subscription.
- Choose ‘Continue’ to cancel.
- Click on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ button.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hulu?
Hulu is a popular streaming platform with unlimited content for streaming. It covers the content of all genres and is thus liked by all people of live streaming.
Can I use Hulu on my mobile?
Yes, Hulu is designed in a way that is compatible with most smart devices including mobile phones. It can also be used on laptops, smart TVs, PCs, etc.
How to change the language on Roku?
1. Your Roku remote’s “*” button should be pressed.
2. The Audio menu will be displayed. Choose the subtitle option.
3. Select the language of your choice.
4. Access Roku Home
5. Choose System > System Update > Check Now from the options menu.
6. You are ready to begin after the automated download of any Roku software has finished.
7. Hulu will remember the language preference you have made.
what is the Roku pin for Hulu?
You can create a Roku PIN, a four-digit code, using your Roku account to help you manage subscriptions, payments, and services. Any transaction that needs to be approved must first be authorized with a PIN.
Hulu is a popular streaming platform that has a great library having large and diverse content. Its content is from all genres which ensures that it works as the ideal platform for all the people who love streaming.
Watching Hulu on Roku is a good idea, but Roku is only the only device compatible with Hulu.
You can easily install Hulu on Roku by following the steps given above in the article.
Another important thing you need to know is that Hulu is among the streaming platforms having geographical restrictions on it. Due to this, it is not accessible from all the regions in the world and you will require a VPN to access it from any region you are in.
It is strictly advised to use ExpressVPN as it has proven to work best with Hulu.